My first real try at macro photo with a lens that is not really for macro, a Nikon 18-50 mm VR. I have never really tried macro before this. I spared you the actual “real” first shot because they were more a test than something to show. My first observations
– I actually saw how bees pollenised flowers
– I thought that Canadian geese were hard to catch, compare to bees they are a gem. Trying to catch a beautiful shot of a bee is not easy, especially if you do not want to get stung. They never stop, moving from one flower to the other.
– Vibration reduction is a must for macro photo
– A macro lens will probably give me better results because this is the closest I could get in order to keep my focus
– Working at this range with a shallow depth of field is really not easy to get a clear subject
Nikon 18-55 mm at 55 mm – f/5.6 – 1/500 s at 400 ISO